Weekend Detox Cleanse – How to Get Your Nutrient Fix and Detox Your Organs in 48 Hours!
In just 48 hours you can both rid your organs of all the toxins that have built up whilst packing your body full of some key nutrients to set you up for the week perfectly.
Breakfast: Quinoa With Chopped Prunes:
# 1 tbsp flax seed oil
# 1/3 cup chopped prunes
# 1 cup water
# 1 pinch nutmeg
# 1 tsp grated ginger
# 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
# 1/4 cup rice milk
# 1 tbsp of flax seed oil
- Stir 1/2 cup quinoa, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and a pinch of nutmeg together in a bowl and pour into a cup of water and then simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.
- Follow up by stirring in the prunes with the rice milk, covering again for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally, before serving you can add 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil.
Detox Drinks: i) Pineapple, Lemon and Pomegranate Blend-Free Detox Juice
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 cups water
Mix all the ingredients in a tall glass and kick back!
Detox Drink: ii)Pineapple, Kale and Ginger Detox Juice
Ingredients (Serves 4 – Daily Fix)
# 1 bunch of kale without stems (4 cups chopped)
# 1/4 inch of ginger
# 1/2 squeezed lemon
# 2 large cucumbers
# 1/2 cup pineapple
# 1 bunch of mint (1/2 cup)
- Simple! This time just throw all the ingredients into a juicer and blend.
- There’s also no reason to keep these nutrient boosters to the weekend. Having some of these juices prepared for the week will do wonders to how you perform at work.
The Weekend: Fresh Alternative Veggie Snack:
- Green beans
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
1. First off, slice up the green beans, cucumber, celery and radishes.
2. Mix the lemon juice, salt and pepper and olive oil well together and just nibble on these snacks throughout the day.
Lunch: Fruit Shake
- 1/2 cup almond or hemp milk (plain/unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia
- 1/2 cup ice
Blend until real smooth.
Dinner: Veggie Broth Soup
Ingredients (Serves 5):
- 1 fennel bulb, fronds and stalks included, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup sliced shiitake caps
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 8 sprigs parsley, chopped stems and leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fermented sauerkraut
- Chopped apples
Except for the chopped parsley, place the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan along with the water and then bring to boil and then lower the heat and simmer with the lid on for 1 hour.
Serve topped with parsley, chopped apples and sauerkraut.
Powered by Facebook Comments